Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blizzard

It's snowing steadily and supposed to intensify this afternoon and evening--and then the wind is supposed to pick up. All told they are forecasting about a foot of snow here in the Des Moines Metro.

Fortunately I have a working day scheduled for my students today, so I didn't have to agonize over my commute. Which is good, because DMACC isn't closing until 2:30, and the roads are really nasty right now and only getting worse.

Because I am home today, I am taking the opportunity to get caught up on my gradebook and do laundry. I am even baking some pumpkin bread. Later I hope to get started on present wrapping.

We got a little bit of snow on Sunday night, here is a photo from our balcony on Monday (12/7) Morning:



Here are some photos from noon today (12/8):


No comments: