Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feeling the Yule...or trying to

Well, the grades are in, the Christmas cards are out, most of the presents are bought (just a few stragglers), and I'm starting in on some baking. I feel like I'm doing pretty well...we have to be all ready by the 20th though (so don't feel too bad if you're not as far along).

The weather here has been very odd. It was 50 degrees here on Saturday....on Sunday morning the temperature dropped 20 degrees in an hour and we were in the single digits by Sunday night. We are still in the single digits and it's snowing hard here...which makes it feel VERY festive. But I'm freezing my butt off.

Tomorrow night Rob and I are going to our very first Blenders Christmas Concert. Supposedly tomorrow is going to be one of the nicest days of the week weather wise...so I'm very much looking forward to going downtown and seeing all of the decorations on the way and enjoying some quality acapella Christmas tunes.

So with all of the crazy hub-bub and obligations of the holiday, be sure to take some time to enjoy the magic of the season. Wil Wheaton wrote a lovely article about just this sentiment: http://blogs.laweekly.com/ladaily/wil-wheaton/its-christmas-time-theres-no-n/

Happy Holidays!

No comments: