Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter....and the end of the semester

The winter came on kind of suddenly over Thanksgiving and it won't go away. I know it's the time of the year that we're supposed to get rain and ice and snow.....but can't it just wait until I'm done with the semester. I love snow...when I don't have to go anywhere. It's beautiful, but I hate driving in it. We had a little storm over night last night that left the side roads very slippery today....it could have been much worse, but if it had been much worse we could have all stayed home and drank hot chocolate (or made snowmen...whatever floats your snowday boat).

Ultimately I'm glad they didn't cancel classes today. One of my sections had their finals time slot today and had to have their final projects in by 1pm. If the college had cancelled class...they would have gotten until Monday (the make up day). So now I have the rest of the week to grade them instead of having to cram them into one or two days. This semester has been a blur...but it has felt like a blur of illness and grading...not a particularly fun blur. I hope that the spring semester goes a little more smoothly.

I'm glad that I'll be done with school on Friday (*crosses her fingers for good weather on Friday*)...because I have all sorts of holiday junk to take care of (like christmas presents and letters and baking). Don't get me wrong, I like doing most of this stuff...but it gets a bit stressful at times. So good luck with all of your end of the semester/holiday/end of the year demands!

No comments: