Monday, February 9, 2009

The Caf-Pow

Last week we went to pick up some burgers and get some gas for Rob's car. Conveniently enough, there is a local Kum & Go that has a Burger King attached to it. So Rob started filling up his gas and I ran in to get the hamburgers. Well, the service was a bit slow and Rob came in to join me. I suggested that he run over to the Kum & Go side and get us some fountain pop (since it's way cheaper there than at Burger King). He asked me what size I wanted and I told him to surprise me. After I got the burgers, I walked over to meet Rob...and there he was filling the largest plastic glass I've ever seen.

"Dude! It's a Caf-Pow!" I said.

"That's what I thought!" he said.

Now, if you don't immediately know what that is, a Caf-Pow is what Abby drinks on NCIS. It's a running gag that she's always hyped up on caffeine and folks (especially Gibbs) bring her Caf-Pow's to keep her working and at her best. The 64 oz "kup" from Kum & Go is as big as a juice/koolaid pitcher--it's enormous. The really amusing part is that it only cost $1.18. That's a heck of a lot of soda for a little over a buck. I, of course, did not finish all of that pop....I only made it a little past half before I had to toss it out, but it was well worth it--just for the amusement. :)

1 comment:

patresa hartman said...

oh my lands. THAT is a bigass cup of pop. gives me gas just thinking about it. !!