Monday, May 11, 2009

Pepsi Throwback: A Review

Some of you may know that I am a big fan of Pepsi...so when I found out they were releasing a real sugar version of Pepsi for release this spring, I was excited. All I could think about was the deep smooth flavor of the all cane sugar Pepsi I drank when I was in Jamaica--ice cold and out of a glass bottle. When I tried Pepsi Throwback what I got was a more mild cola flavor with stronger hints of acidity. It tastes a bit like a weaker version of Pepsi...so as a big Pepsi fan, I was disappointed. My new fear is that folks will think it's the real sugar that makes it taste like this...it is clearly a different recipe all together. So, if you're not a big fan of strong cola flavor, you may like Pepsi Throwback, otherwise you may want to pass.

No comments: