Thursday, January 22, 2009

22 lbs of Hamburger

Last night Rob and I diligently made 5-4lb plus batches of BBQs (using a slightly modified version of my Grandma's BBQ recipe). Approximately 22 lbs of hamburger leaves a lot of greese. There is a mixing bowl full on my counter that I'm trying to figure out how to dispose of (maybe a milk jug?). We used two of the largest containers of ketchup that they sell at our local HyVee plus some from our fridge because our math on the ketchup was apparently not that accurate. Anyway....I don't want to look at ground beef or BBQs for a good few weeks...at least....and there is ketchup splattered all over our kitchen. Rob carted two giant tupperware bowls full of BBQ to work late last night because we didn't have room in our fridge to store the giant quantities. Luckly they have a very large fridge at Equitrust. I'm expecting lots of leftovers...perhaps I should be more optimistic about this fundraiser...but I don't want to see the stuff ever again which means we'll be stuck with a good 5-10 lbs of leftovers. Murphy's law. So please...please...Rob's co-workers who do not read my blog...please eat lots of BBQs. :)

Oh and if you're curious, here's my Grandma's modified BBQ recipe (in normal quantities):

1 lb of hamburger
3/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbs Mustard
1 Tbs Vinnegar
1 Tbs Sugar (I usually split this half white sugar and half brown sugar)
salt to taste

Makes about 6-8 BBQs...depending on the size of the buns. :)

If you want to make them just like Grandma Anetta...use only one teaspoon of white sugar and add some grated onion...I have nothing against onions...just faster this way. :)

No comments: