Friday, January 16, 2009

Back to School

Well I've completed my first week back at school. We had a half day on Monday due to a blizzard and we get Monday off for MLK day....It's nice to be able to ease into the semester a bit. So far the students are on their best behavior--so I have no idea what the semester will be like. My classes are both +1 (as in one over max) for enrollment. Which is a good thing--now I just hope I end up keeping 20 or so for the whole semester.

It's been very cold here this week...but not near as cold as it's been in ND and SD and MN. It is, however, the coldest winter that I can remember since we've lived in Iowa--which is confirmed by the local weather guy who insists that it hasn't been this cold since 1996. Really? -16 only happens once every 10 years or so here? -16 in Fargo is practically normal for January :). The elementaries and highschools in the Des Moines metro area were all closed on Thursday (the coldest day of the week). It makes me want to donate a bunch of children's mittens and scarves or something...because they are apparently not well enough equipped here. Oh well, we'll be back above freezing this weekend and the DOT will be back out spreading salt like crazy. Stay warm!

No comments: